How to make a face mask at home
5 Different ways to make a Face Mask at home
Nowadays, face masks become important for everyone and it is hard for some people to get an expensive mask. To make a face mask at home is calm if you, not having knowledge also but you just need a guide on how to make a mask which helps to protect you.
Face masks become mandatory in more and more places and help to preserve your skin strength. Everyone wants one or two or three, which means it would be tricky to carry a face mask, and it’s even harder to find one you don’t mind wearing. The delightful news is that making a face covering is super achievable in just four easy to follow quick methods for you to choose from.
Below, we talk about four easy methods of mask that how to create them to cover the face. We have based on the guide of the outline by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), plus some own tips on how to make the most comfortable to create face masks.
This guide plans you can order in terms of difficulty level. The first two methods- how to make a face mask using a T-shirt and how to make a bandana- style face mask– these are easy and require no sewing at all. We have two other methods that use the method of the sewing machine, two are without sewing and one with a sewing machine.
If you want to use a sewing machine, then you can use spare parts of any fabric you have lying around at home, or you can also buy something new.
Before going for further discussion of the face mask, first, consider whether you need one at all. The official advice on this differs across the glide, but the consensus is that wearing a homemade face mask will not help protect you from the coronavirus or Covid-19. However, it can protect you from passing on any germs that you may care about, which may be useful if you are not having symptoms and don’t realize you are caring about the virus.
Which face mask we are talking about is not medical-grade face masks, and I advise you not to use your versions of PPE: leave that to the professionals.
The CDC recommends people wear face masks in a public place where social distancing is not possible, and many countries recommend to their people to wear face masks when out in public, or enclosed spaces such as supermarkets or malls.
Nowadays, many countries make it compulsory to wear a face mask to protect yourself and make social distancing.
Check your country guidelines if you are unsure. Remember that wearing a face mask doesn’t mean that you can avoid social distancing measures, or stop washing your hands and practicing good hygiene. It’s also essential that you put your face mask on and off carefully, following government guidelines.
Now, here we will discuss the 5 different ways to make a face mask.
1. How to make a T-shirt face mask?
If you have a T-shirt that you don’t mind cutting up, then you can easily make a mask from it. Note that you can use some old and new shirts, but not use an old T-shirt. Preferably, your T-shirt is 100 percent cotton.
You will need:
- Coffee filter or paper towel
- Cut the bottom of your shirt. The height you need is from the top of your nose to underneath your chin (around 7 or 8 inches of 17-20cm).
- You can use tape to measure the inches and cut bigger than you think and you can remove the excess part later.
- You need to cut 6 to 7 inches from your T-shirt, to make the ties for your face mask, making an elongated c-shape.
- Cut your ties so you can retire them around your head.
- If you want to link, you can also add a coffee filter or paper towel to your face mask, and secure them with a safety pin.
2. How to make a bandana-style face?
This is super easy to make and developing just a fold a bandana or a scarf. Make sure you choose the right bandana or scarf.
You will need:
- A bandana or scarf
- 2 X elastic or rubber bands, or hair ties
- Hold the bandana or scarf up to the light to see how much you can see through it.
- The less you can see is better for security because a thin layer face mask is not very effective.
- The best fabric is cotton for the mask.
- Fold your bandana in half, then folding it again twice-lengthways from the top and the bottom.
- Then place your rubber band or hair ties around your strip of material and fold it towards the middle, tucking the ends each other if possible, so that your mask will not fall apart.
3. How to make a face mask at home without a sewing machine?
This face mask is done with or without sewing, it all depends on you, you can use a needle and thread to make it, which is too easy to make, just read the instructions given below that how making a face mask.
This method gives you a round shape of the mask from your nose to the chin area while covering it.
You can watch the video also or read the instructions.
You will need:
- Cotton fabric (10-11 inches or 25-28 cm in diameter)
- 2 * 6 inches (15cm) pieces of elastic or rubber band or hair tie or strips of cloth
- A plate of 10-inch diameter, or something else to draw a round shape
- Needle and thread
- Take a fabric (cotton) and then just place a plate on it.
- Draw a pattern of a plate or mark it first, then cut it.
- Fold the fabric once and sew it, but make a sure open minor part of it, so you can fold the back part of the cloth.
- After sewing, fold the cloth to the front and then just fold it like that so your stitched part will be in front.
- Then sew from both sides with a needle or machine and make sure don’t forget to add a rubber band into it or elastic and you can add strips of cloth after stitch.
4. How to make a face mask with a sewing machine?
To make a face mask with a sewing machine, it is the best method also and easy to make.
You will need:
- Cotton fabric (10*6 inches)
- 2*6-inch piece of elastic or rubber band, hair ties or strips of cloth according to a length which you want
- Sewing machine
- Needle or thread
- Jewelry wire or patches
- Cut the fabric around 10*6 inches or roughly 25* 15 cm. You can use double or triple fold of fabric to make it thick.
- Fold the edges of the fabric around ½ an inch (1.5 cm). It is best to sew with the machine, but you could do it by hand also but make sure that your stitches are nice and close together.
- When you hem both sides of the fabric, then you can add strips of cloth or elastic into the edges as in the image.
- For more uniqueness, you can add jewelry wire around the mask to make it classy and also add some stones and patches which you like.
With the help of strips, you can adjust it easily.
5. How to make a face mask from a sock?
Making a face mask from a sock is easy, but it’s wouldn’t be too effective to save from a virus. But it is effective if you want to use it at home or while going to near places where the virus effects have not occurred.
You will need:
- A sock
- Take one leg of the sock and cut the footer part from it. But make sure your sock can be new otherwise if will infect your skin.
- Just cut the minor part from one side opposite to the heel of the foot of the sock.
ASLO READ- 21 Lifechanging Vaseline hacks