Raksha Bandhan 2021- Date | Significance | Pooja Timing
Raksha Bandhan is the celebration of love between brother and sister, and is celebrated every year on the Shravan month of the Hindu calendar. This year, Raksha Bandhan 2021 will be celebrated on August 22.
On this particular day, Sisters tie Rakhi on their brothers’ wrists and wish them a good and long life. At the same time, brothers promise to protect their sisters from all evils in the society and give them gifts and chocolates. The festival of Raksha Bandhan is primarily celebrated in northern India.
Raksha signifies protection, and in some parts of ancient India, where women felt unsafe. They tie up Rakhi on the wrists of males they considered brothers. Rakhi improves the emotional link between brothers and sisters by strengthening the bond between them.
Auspicious Time To Tie Rakhi (Mahurat)
On August 22, sisters can tie Rakhi anytime between 06:15 am to 05:31 pm.
Meaning of Raksha Bandhan
The festival is named after two words: “Raksha” and “Bandhan,” which mean “safety” and “bond,” respectively. It is a celebration of the unbreakable bond that exists between siblings. The promise to always protect, no matter what the circumstances.
The festival represents the eternal love of the brother-sister relationship, which does not relate only to blood relationships. It is also celebrated by cousins, sisters and sisters-in-law (Bhabhi), fraternal aunts (Bua) and nephews (Bhatija), and other relatives.
ALSO READ- Amazing Raksha Bandhan Outfit Ideas
Importance Of Raksha Bandhan Among Various Religions In India
- Hinduism- The festival is mainly observed by Hindus in northern and western India and Nepal, Pakistan, and Mauritius.
- Jainism- The festival is also admired by the Jain community, with Jain priests offering up ceremonial threads on devotees.
- Sikhism- The Sikhs celebrate this festival devoted to brother-sister love as “Rakhardi” or Rakhi.
Raksha Bandhan 2021: Significance
Krishna and Draupadi
There are so many stories about the origins of this celebration. Once Lord Krishna is said to have been hurt by a sharp weapon. Draupadi, the Pandavas’ wife, ripped a portion of her sari and bandaged Madhav’s finger at that time. Shri Krishna pledged to help Panchali if she ever had trouble in exchange for this favor.
Krishna accepted it as ‘Raksha Sutra’ and when the Kauravas attempted to dishonor her by disrobing Panchali in a court full of courtiers. Then With Krishna’s blessings, Draupadi’s sari became endless when Dushasana tried disrobing her.
The Birth of Santoshi Maa
On an excellent day, Manasa, Lord Ganesha’s sister, comes to tie a rakhi to him. When Ganesha’s sons hear this, they insist on having a sister. On the demand of their sons, Ganesha created goddess Santoshi out of the holy flames. That was believed to arise from her sisters Riddhi and Siddhi.
ALSO READ- 10 Most Beautiful Women in the World
How To Celebrate Your Raksha Bandhan 2021
- With the current state of Covid and lockdown all around us, it will be a wise decision to limit the celebration to a small group of people.
- Celebrate Raksha Bandhan 2021 on a video call with family members who live in different parts of the country.
- Remember to send a Rakhi to your distant brothers and family members online.
- You can surprise your siblings with online gifts and sweets.
- Over video conversations, have a fantastic time singing, dancing, playing games, and gossiping with family.
Whether you choose your video calls or physical presence on this Raksha Bandhan 2021, but you will always feel with your relatives. You can find the best Raksha Bandhan via online mode and send them directly to their addresses.
Moreover, this Raksha Bandhan is special for all because you are going to meet your relatives or friends or family members after a long time. Due to the COVID’19, many families were not able to meet last year, but now this is the time to get together. But make sure to follow COVID’19 precautions and always be with your mask because it’s about you and your family.
Hopefully, you love this article, and it is beneficial to you that you are going to do this Raksha Bandhan 2021; comment below and share this with your friends.